My House Divided

Friday, June 01, 2007

My Shoes Are Barking



So unlike Abby, I rarely will spend big dollars on shoes no matter how much I like them. I am a huge fan of Clark shoes because I can wear them to work in our very casual atmosphere and really be considered dressed up. I bought these recently in red and coughed up the $80 without much hesitation because they are so cute and comfortable. I wore them to work one day and loved them. Today I wore them to work again and I started noticing something. At first I'm thinking it is my imagination. It sounded like there was a puppy in the background barking. Ok, so really I thought this was my guilty conscious because I would not let Dana bring home the abandoned puppy she found last night at Taco Bell, after all I know God has a sense of humor. After a few trips to the bathroom and to other offices and up and down the stairs at work I finally figure out the source of the barking. My new wonderfully expensive right shoe is making a barking noise everytime my right foot hits the ground and the cushion releases the air from the pressure of each footstep. Now this might not bother some people but it aggrevates me. I have to wonder what the sales rep at Dillard's will have to say when I return them this weekend? What if their return policy states they won't accept worn shoe returns for barking? What then?

3 Comments:

  • Make Abby return them for you

    By Blogger TransplantedOkie, at 7:25 AM  

  • Oh how I would have laughed when I heard your barking shoe. In my head I'm walking behind you in my best God voice telling you to go back and get the puppy from Taco Bell.

    By Blogger Abby, at 4:54 PM  

  • Picking up dogs at Taco Bell rarely leads to good things. It would be worse if it was a cat though.

    By Blogger Erin, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home