My House Divided

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sew What?


I would like to say it was two years in the making but in fact it took almost two years to get the courage to try to make it!
I finally really got down to making Abby's t-shirt rag quilt in January and after a couple of months and lots of impatience (on Abby's part), the job is complete.
I'm not gonna lie, I had tears in my eyes when I looked down and it was complete. Although it only took me a couple of months I look at this quilt and see years of wonderful, exciting, life changing memories not only for Abby but for us as a family. We as a family were part of some of the occasions these shirts represent.
It is the first quilt that I have made for Abby, hopefully it won't be the last.
Now it is time to change gears and get started on Dana's Razorback quilt. Wish me luck and quilting time!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home