My House Divided

Monday, March 12, 2007

20 Reasons to Buy More Fabric

1. It is a patriotic duty to support cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops.
2. "Oh, it's not for me! I'm buying it for a friend!"
3. It's on sale.
4. I need extra weight in the trunk of my car for traction on snowy, icy roads. This is important, even in Florida and Southern California, as you never know when the weather will change.
5. It's non-fattening.
6. Like dust, it's good for protecting previously empty spaces in the house.
7. Because it's there.
8. It's much cheaper to cover the floor with fabric than new carpeting.
9. The devil made you do it.
10. It's the only remotely artistic thing I have ever done.
11. I can't live without it.
12. I have new shelves for fabric storage.
13. It will go with some I bought last year.
14. It's so pretty, and I'll use it some day.
15. I want my daughter to have a proper inheritance.
16. Without fabric, I would have nothing to do with my rotary cutter and my mat and my sewing machine.
17. It does not promote tooth decay.
18. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and makes one feel good.
19. If I don't buy it now, I may never see it again.
20. A large fabric stash is the sign of a creative mind.

5 Comments:

  • My favorite? Number 9.

    By Blogger Erin, at 2:01 PM  

  • Sadly he does gain control during critical fabric buying sprees. Kind of like Abby and shoes. Speaking of which, during the few minutes of shopping this weekend in a shoe department your name came up a time or two. Dana said "These look like Erin". I'm pretty sure it was a compliment. Could have been skull related. I'm not sure.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 4:08 PM  

  • Kyle bought me skull socks and fine tip sharpies and I about swooned.

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:52 AM  

  • All of these are clearly viable reasons for fabric purchases.

    By Blogger TransplantedOkie, at 12:15 PM  

  • The Devil doesn't make me buy shoes! God clearly gives me the green light when they have the shoes in my size. I do think the 20 reasons are practically your commandments. :-)

    By Blogger Abby, at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home